Sunday, September 23, 2007

Overwhelmed

It has been a very long week. I had two friends lose a loved one last weekend and I was consumed with all sorts of emotions this week. God says in Romans 12:15 we are to rejoice with those who rejoice and to weep with those who weep. The definition of the Greek word for weep here is to sob, or whale aloud. Well, did I ever weep this past week! The emotions were so intense. I think that we live in a quick fix society today. It's almost as if we try to put a patch on everything; even grieving. I used to find it hard to try and come up with something to say or do to get the persons mind off of their situation. But to be able to just sit, listen, weep with those who weep and not try to fix it; well it is an amazing act of love. My prayers are with you Britta and Lacey.

No comments: