Wednesday, February 20, 2008

DESTINATION ORGANIZATION 2008

Last year I got to be a part of a really rewarding experience called Destination Organization. I was first asked to donate a portrait session for the chosen family. As I found out more about what it all meant; I wanted to document the event.
My friend Susan Stewart; owner of Perfectly Placed, a professional organizer (yes! what a concept, one most needed!) contacted me for the original donation. Each year the professional organizers pick a family to donate a makeover to one room of their home. Well, the donations from the outside monetary and physical allowed Susan and her crew to basically redo the home. It has happened again this year! To be a part of community that loves to give back and lend a helping hand is truly rewarding. I believe that I have teared up twice now during the documenting of each home. This is not something that happens at weddings only. Emotions run high and the anticipation of the families return is a rush of adrenaline. I am so excited for the crew at this point. Thank you again for including me in this very special moment!

No comments: